.NET Web Developer
Nexus Innovations is a young and fast-growing software engineering company based in Montreal. We work with Microsoft technologies and Agile values. Employee satisfaction and well-being and a vibrant company culture are among our top priorities.
Our mission is to build outstanding solutions, cultivate talent, and share our experiences.
Our vision is to make our people-centric approach the standard in IT consulting – to everyone’s benefit!
We’re looking for full-stack developers who want to create custom software solutions, learn the ins-and-outs of client business processes, and make a decisive impact on project delivery.
We’re also looking for people who can contribute to every phase of software-development projects (web, DevOps, databases, QA, infrastructure, architecture, and more). For us, being full stack isn’t just a matter of front-end or back-end – it’s a mindset!
What does a dev do at Nexus?
At Nexus, we work as a team! In fact, that’s one of our values. So, you can expect to co-create with your colleagues and share your technical know-how. Here’s an overview of a software developer’s role on the team in three areas of expertise: technical, consulting, and communal.
💰 Delivering value:
Ability to deliver effective code and find added-value solutions with minimal time investment.
🧪 Testing and QA:
Knowledge of good practices for software quality assurance and deployment of automated testing suites.
Proficiency in Cloud technologies, good practices to minimize the development cycle, and automation tools for deployment in various environments.
🧭 Design and architecture:
Ability to build robust solutions that meet business needs by selecting the best available Cloud components and architectural patterns in our area of expertise.
👨💼 Expert client advice:
Ability to understand clients’ business sectors and needs, recommend proper technology solutions, navigate through various constraints, and structure production workflow.
👩🏫 Mentoring and community:
Knowledge of good practices in the industry and ability to pass on knowledge to enrich team skill sets and boost the company’s brand.
🏃♂️ Agility and teamwork:
Ability to work in a team setting and organize the delivery of software-development increments per everyone’s strengths, weaknesses, and motivations.
Our technology stack
- Backend: C#, .NET 5, .NET, ASP.NET, Entity Framework
- Tools: Visual Studio, VS Code, Git, SonarCloud
- DevOps: Azure, Docker
- DB: SQL Server, CosmosDB
- Project management: Azure DevOps, Agilité, Scrum
- Infra as Code (IaC): Terraform, Bicep and ARM templates
- Security: Azure Active Directory, Service Principal, OAuth, Key Vault.
Why be a dev with us?
Fulfilment at work is more than a matter of compensation and work hours. It’s also about being self-reliant, achieving your potential, and pulling together. And, of course, having fun!
Here’s what we offer:
- Long-term (20-year) high-impact career development
- Versatile teams that love to learn new things
- A stimulating technology environment where teams stay current with the latest developments
- Complex projects in diverse business sectors
Why work with Nexus?
- Because we offer plenty of flexibility (work hours, leaves, vacation, and more)
- Because your personal life is as important as your professional life
- Because we place our trust in you on the very first day
- Because we encourage you to share your ideas and views and contribute to our success at Nexus
- Because you get two paid hours a week to pursue sports or volunteering opportunities
- Because you also get two paid hours a week for your own professional development
- Because you have access to a telemedicine service
- Because you get a group RRSP and a group insurance plan fully paid for by your employer
- Because we have loads of fun!